Tuesday, November 4, 2014

A blogger blogs, sometimes...

"Throw Momma from the Train" references aside, it's probably about time for me to blow the dust off this thing and start making new posts.

As I mentioned previously, I've spent well over a year working a job that effectively prevented me from writing proper blog posts. This was mostly due to said job being extremely draining and time consuming– such that I found it impossible to continue writing posts with the level of quality and frequency I felt was required to move "Vortex-1" forward.

Interestingly, a change in my career trajectory has occurred that would technically allow me to resume posting here on a regular basis; however, I find myself unconvinced that such a return would be the best use of my time moving forward.

I've been experimenting with some other mediums such as livesreaming and pre-recorded video for a while now and have found them to be far more effective and efficient ways to reach an audience than the posts I've made here have proven to be.

Having said that, I do still believe there are times where the written word is simply the best way to convey a concept or entertain an audience. As such, I've decided to resume posting here on an occasional basis when the subject matter warrants it.

What that means is that my efforts will be somewhat divided moving forward between this blog, my YouTube channel, and my Twitch channel– depending on the sort of content I'm creating. As has been the case for a while now, my Twitter account will continue to be the thing that ties everything together. Blog posts, live stream announcements and YouTube video publishing will all be linked there to maintain it as a one-stop shop for all the content I create.

Of course, the big question on many of your minds might be "Does this mean that you've resumed development on your next game?" The simple answer is, yes. I will be making an official announcement about the new game in early 2015 but for now I can tell you that it has been in active development for a little over a month, and will be a significant departure from my previous game "Powergrids." Obviously, more on that later. :)

To wrap things up, look forward to at least a few new posts here by the end of 2014 and a major announcement shortly after the new year.

Until next time... video games!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment