Thursday, January 3, 2013

Returning to Form

Just a quick note to let everyone know that I will be restarting regular blog updates next week. After a restful and reinvigorating holiday season, I feel like the time is right to increase the frequency of my posts again.

I'll be shooting for an article per week at first and will also be assessing the viability of bringing the DayZ update back once it becomes clear exactly how far away from standalone we are. I'm still of the opinion that updates to the mod and its general state are too inconsistent to justify a weekly post but I have also been having some interesting experiences on private hives with custom maps that may be worth writing about or showing via video in the meantime.

Thanks to everyone who purchased Powergrids during the holiday season. I'm happy to report that it continues to function properly on iOS 6 and new devices like the iPad mini despite being developed before they existed. I'm considering doing a very small update to Powergrids sometime in the next few months as part of the promotional effort for my next game– so feel free to submit any bug reports or feature requests to support@powergrids.info and I'll see what I can do.

Finally, I wanted to mention that I am most-likely going to be dropping coverage of console games from the blog this year. GIven my lack of interest in the "Wii U" or the systems Microsoft and Sony are likely to release at the end of 2013, I've decided to focus on computer (PC) and mobile (iOS) gaming for the foreseeable future. When all three of the new consoles have been out for a while, I may pick up whichever one I think is best and start covering it but that's not going to happen until at least early 2014.

That's it for now. Look forward to a post on the top 10 co-op games of 2012 next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment