Saturday, December 29, 2018

Into the vortex, again...

I created this blog back in 2011 as a continuation of the work I started on "Gaming's Edge," a gaming-themed web site I ran from 2005 until 2010. I didn't begin calling what I did there a blog, or bestow it with its current moniker until 2007 but I digress.

Since then, a lot of things have changed but one thing that's remained consistent has been my desire to express myself through writing.

In the beginning, I felt it was important to focus my efforts here on a particular subject for a variety of reasons that all seemed completely sensible at the time. As a result, "Vortex-1" has historically been a blog almost exclusively about video games.

That's going to change.


One of the most important lessons I've learned over the years as a content creator is that for the most part, people read this blog, or follow me on Twitter, or subscribe to my YouTube channel because they like me and are generally interested in what I have to say, regardless of the topic. To be sure, I've lost a few folks over the years by branching out and addressing subjects beyond gaming but at the end of the day, those losses have always been short-term and the benefits of expanding my creative palette have always, inevitably manifested in time.

In that spirit, I've decided to restructure this blog to better reflect he way I represent myself on other platforms these days. Does that mean I'm never going to post about video games here again? Of course not. What it does mean is that I'm now free to post about anything I choose, which I believe will ultimately prove far more interesting to everyone concerned in the long run.

With that said, look forward to more regular and varied posts starting in 2019 and be sure to poke around while you're here as there have been lots of subtle changes to this publication due to its redesign.

Until next time, have a happy new year!


No comments:

Post a Comment