Monday, September 24, 2012

The DayZ Update - 09/24/2012

I'm starting to think that a weekly update on this mod just doesn't make sense anymore.

Sure, there are little tidbits of information that have come to light since last week, such as Rocket's attempt to consolidate data about private hives to ensure that future updates to the mod will work with them but that's not exactly earth-shattering news and it's certainly nothing those interested couldn't get straight from the horse's mouth so-to-speak.

I am however excited to report that the next "Hunger GameZ" event, which has been re-titled as "Survivor GameZ" will be happening on October 20th and will be the first event to use a custom build of "DayZ" specifically crafted by the "DayZ" development team for such purposes.

As before, the event is being organized by "QuickNap Gaming" and will be streamed on Twitch.tv. There's even an official "Survivor GameZ" web site with all the info and links this time, so go check it out and support what these guys are doing because it's pretty cool.

Beyond that, I really don't have anything else to talk about this week. The lack of updates to "DayZ" of late have made it pretty tough to come up with interesting content to post. As such, I think I'm going to hold off on future "DayZ" posts until something worth writing about happens.

As I've said before, I really don't want this blog to become boring and predictable. If I post about a game, it's because I believe it's a game worth your time and attention and in its current state, I don't feel that "DayZ" meets that criteria.

It's clear to me that "DayZ" is going to be an awesome game once the issues with it are resolved but I feel like I've given it more than enough attention over the past few months and believe it would be better to simply stop talking about it until it evolves into a full-blown product.

As I said last week, I may change my thinking on this if version 1.7.3 of the mod hits and addresses the security and polish issues to a noteworthy extent but I've become conscious of the fact that continuing to cover the game each week as it stands is likely to do more harm than good.

So, this could well be the last "DayZ Update" for a while but rest assured that I will resume coverage of it when and for however long that makes sense in the future.

In the meantime, stick around for weekly updates on other great games that I'm playing and be sure to tune in for each week's "Monday Night Madness" live stream on the blog's Twitch channel, which could feature just about any game that streams well, including "DayZ." Keep in mind that following me on Twitter will ensure that you know as soon as I do anything you might be interested in seeing.


Until next time. Have a good one folks! - DayZ - http://www.dayzmod.com

No comments:

Post a Comment