Thursday, January 3, 2019

Relentless - a poem by Michael Shotter

Often, when I'm preparing to start a major writing project, I like to knock out a few, small mood pieces to help set the tone and get my mind into the right headspace for the task at hand.

These efforts are almost always exclusively for my own benefit since they tend to manifest as fragments of ideas that may or may not evolve into more as I work; however, occasionally, I'll end up with something that feels a bit more complete. I thought I'd share one of those with you today as I'm pretty happy with it and feel it acts as a nice, bite-sized teaser for what I'm planning to unleash on you folks in 2019.

More on that later. For now, enjoy this happy, little poem. :)



Relentless
a poem by Michael Shotter

There is a creature in my mind,
a constant, seething something.
Born of a need to create,
or fear of making nothing.

Its bright eyes pierce, a laser's gaze.
Its mouth, drawn grim and eager.
Its claws, outstretched toward my throat.
Its malice, far from meager.

I cannot run. I cannot hide.
One weapon aids my cause.
Alone, I fight. Now, I must write,
relentless, with no pause.

No comments:

Post a Comment