Thursday, July 5, 2012

The Ground Branch Kickstarter

I tweeted about this the other day but with just 24 hours left to go for their Kickstarter, I wanted to give a quick shout out to BlackFoot Studios and their tactical FPS "Ground Branch."

I know, I know. "Another military-themed shooter?" but before you "meh" this one you should really check it out:


It may seem like a minor point to some, but I've definitely lamented the slow and steady demise of realism from the FPS genre over the past ten years. "Battlefield," "Call of Duty," "Ghost Recon," "Rainbow Six" and many others have lost their edge to varying degrees and we're fast approaching a state where "ARMA" will be the only game in town where tactical FPS gameplay is concerned.

Don't get me wrong. "ARMA" is a very cool sim and I'm absolutely looking forward to "ARMA III" but the FPS genre has more than enough room for multiple games with an emphasis on realism and I am very much in favor of a game that fills the gap between pure action and pure simulation.

 If you agree, check out the "Ground Branch" Kickstarter and tell your friends about it. They still have a lot of money to raise in the next day, but stranger things have happened.

And yes, there will be a "Sit Rep" this weekend. :) And yes, I would still like to read your comments on my most-recent Development Update. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment